Thank you so much for your interest in supporting Friends of Lake Wingra. Your partnership is critical for us to move our important work forward. Our priorities for 2022 include the following:
- Improving the recreational quality of the lake;
- This includes our work on the Vilas Park Master Plan, advocacy for Shared Streets to fix the gap in the Lake Wingra Loop, and our collaboration with the Parks Department to monitor the geese.
- Protecting the unique cultural and ecological heritage of the lake;
- In a cross-collaborative effort, we are part of the Heritage Plan Working Group dedicated to developing and implementing policies and practices that celebrate the unique natural and cultural heritage of Lake Wingra, including efforts to address water quality concerns and highlight the sacred mounds and springs surrounding the lake.
- Engage in outreach with the watershed community;
- Through our rain garden projects and rain barrel workshops, we want to help homeowners learn how their individual actions make a difference in the health of Lake Wingra and what they can do to implement change. We also support volunteer engagement and data collection through our partnership with the UW-Arboretum and Edgewood College to monitor the chloride levels of Lake Wingra’s springs.
Donate by Mail
Print our donor card and make your check payable to:
Friends of Lake Wingra
PO Box 45071
Madison, WI 53744
Should you have any questions or wish to learn more, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or 608-620-1906.
Our mission is to keep you informed and for you to become an advocate for Lake Wingra too! Please find updates on our work via our website, as well as signing up for our communications. You can also follow us on social media:
- Sign up for our newsletter or craving more? Sign up for The Opine Water Line.
- Follow us on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
Friends of Lake Wingra is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization 82-0961187.